**Attention Permit to Carry Applicants**
Follow the below links for the Permit to Carry Instructions, Application for Permit to Carry, and the Mental Health Records Consent Form. Once you have satisfied all of the requirements set forth in the instructions, you must make an appointment with Ofc. Dolphin #84 to have your application reviewed and to witness your signature on the Consent for Mental Health Search form (SP-66). If any of the requirements are not met (notarization, etc.), your application will not be accepted.
Instructions for Permit to Carry Applicants
The following instructions are the same for both the initial and renewal applications.
**YOU MUST APPLY IN PERSON**
Only residents of Evesham Township can apply through the Evesham Township Police Department
**PLEASE CALL THE POLICE DEPARTMENT PRIOR TO APPLYING—DO NOT JUST SHOW UP**
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
- Driver’s license and Birth Certificate OR Driver’s license and Passport OR Driver’s license and Naturalization Paperwork/Green Card
- One (1) State of New Jersey Application for Permit to Carry a Handgun, form SP642. Must be double-sided and notarized. Endorsements from 4 persons not related by blood or law and who have known the applicant for at least 3 years.
- Two (2) color passport size photographs.
- Consent for Mental Health Search, form SP066
- Written proof of ownership and qualification with the handgun you intend to carry.
- Proof of ownership can be a purchase receipt or purchase permit or a notarized letter of ownership listing make, model, and serial number of the handgun.
- Written qualification must be within six (6) months of application and include instructor’s name and certification, make, model, caliber, and serial number of the handguns.
- MONEY ORDER in the amount of $50 made payable to “NEW JERSEY STATE POLICE”.
- Cash, check or money order in the amount of $150 made payable to “EVESHAM TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPT”.
- After you apply you will be provided with information to have your fingerprints taken at Identgo.
**THE REQUIRED WRITTEN FIREARMS QUALIFICATION, IN ACCORDANCE WITH N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4(B), CAN BE OBTAINED AT MOST FIREARM RANGES THROUGH OUT THE STATE. A LIST IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE STATE’S WEBSITE, WWW.NJSP.ORG > PUBLIC INFORMATION >FIREARMS INFORMATION > NEW JERSEY SHOOTING RANGES FOR RPO QUALIFICATIONS.
**A NEW JERSEY PERMIT TO CARRY IS VALID FOR TWO (2) YEARS FROM TIME OF APPROVAL.
** IF ANY OF THE PRECEDING IS NOT COMPLETE OR INCORRECT THE APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-APPLY.
For any questions please contact
Ptl Sean Dolphin #84
https://nj.gov/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/sp-066.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3FhvUpl_-CaqaHaCIWhx3uo1ZUq4QErF_38e1sc3hjhzrnpoJmgODfNUM&fs=e&s=cl (Mental Health Records Consent Form)
https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/sp-642.pdf?fs=e&s=cl (Application for Permit to Carry a Handgun)
APPLICATION FOR FIREARMS PURCHASER IDENTIFICATION CARD AND/OR HANDGUN PURCHASE PERMIT
* Please Read all Instructions Before Applying*
Visit the website: www.njportal.com/NJSP/fars
Enter the ORI # for Evesham Township Police Department: NJ0031300
Complete the online application. You may complete the application using a smartphone, mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer. When completing the application you will need the email addresses of 2 reputable references. Your references can be family members.
You MUST appear at your Police Department to PAY for your INITIAL FID card and/or Pistol Purchase Permits. Fees must be paid by cash, check or money order. Payments should be submitted with your FARS confirmation number. Your application WILL NOT be processed until you have paid for the FID Card/Pistol Permits. All fees are non-refundable and need to be collected PRIOR to completing background and issuing FID Cards/Permits as per NJAC 13:54-1.4.
*All firearms related documents are now electronic. Upon final approval of your application you will receive an email indicating that either your FID card is available for download or your Handgun Purchase Permit(s) is available for use, or both. There will be no paper documents to pick up at the police station.
*The on-line application is applicant driven. Please ensure that you have entered the best phone numbers for yourself and references as well as the best email addresses for yourself and references.
*It is highly encouraged that you include a SSN where indicated. Failure to do so could significantly delay processing of the application.