If you're interested in obtaining a Firearms ID Card or a Handgun Purchase Permit then please complete the Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit Form as well as the Consent for Mental Helath Records Search Form.
The Voluntary Form of Firearms Registration form may only be utilized to voluntarily register firearms you own that may be lawfully possessed in New Jersey that were previously acquired under any one of the following circumstances:
1. Inherited pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3j;
2. Lawfully acquired in another state pursuant to state and federal laws; or
3. Lawfully acquired in New Jersey pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3a and N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3b.
Please note that three (3) copies of this form is needed. One for your records, one for the Evesham Police Department and one for the New Jersey State Police.
Important Notice: As of January 01,2001 - NJSA C 2C:58 requires that all applicants for Permit to Purchase Handgun(s) to be 21 years of age or older.
Please read the following instructions carefully as the Evesham Police Department Guidelines have Changed.
1. An application for Firearms Permits may be obtained at the Evesham Township Police Department Records at any time on any day or downloaded from this website (Download and typed is perferred).
2. Once all the necessary documents are completed, DO NOT SIGN OR DATE THE DOCUMENTS, please come to the Evesham Township Police Department and meet with a member of the department at any time on any day.
3. You must appear in person with your application. You must have at least two forms of identification. One form must be a valid Goverment issued form of identifcation.
4. All notifications are made by mail. Please DO NOT call the Evesham Police Department, as the processing of your application may take up to several months.
5. Questions regarding the firearms application may be referred to the Evesham Police Department at 856-983-1116.
FIREARMS APPLICANT FEE SCHEDULE:
Application for Firearms Purchaser Indentification Card STS-033: Cash/check or money order payable to: Township of Evesham in the amount of $5.00.
Application to Purchase a Handgun/STS-033: Cash/check or money order payable to: Township of Evesham in the amount of $2.00 per handgun permit you are applying for.
Application for a Duplicate Firearms Purchaser Identification Card/STS-033: There is no fee for a Duplicate Firearms Purchaser Indentification Card.
Application for a Permit to Carry a Handgun/SP-642 (This form can be downloaded from the New Jersey State Police website): A money order payable to: State of New Jersey for $50.00.
Request for Criminal History Record Information for a Non-Criminal Justice Purpose/SBI 212A: https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/ (ORI# NJ0031300)